Dan's Blackbird Page Updates
March 23, 2001
- Added a new audio section to the page. So far it contains audio of a sonic boom and a flyby.
November 08, 2000
- Added Ed Markham's painting, The Sled
Riders, to the Gallery. My thanks to Mr. Markham and Mr. Dru Blair for their
kindness in allowing me to display their art here.
- I also added three other pictures to the gallery:
November 06, 2000
- Changed the Links section to a tabular format for easier readability.
- Added a painting by Dru Blair entitled "The
Last Hot Flight," displayed here with his kind permission.
- Added a new photo of A-12 S/N 60-06932.
November 01, 2000
- Totally revamped the photo gallery, with thumbnails
displayed on the page. Let me know
if you like it! The photo gallery contains 35 photos, including many new ones.
October 25, 2000
- Added two video clips, one of an SR-71
flyby and another of a
landing at Kadena AB, Okinawa. They are reproduced here with the kind
permission of the owner, Mick McClary
, who shot the footage himself. You can order his complete set of
tours at his site.
October 24, 2000
- Added a video section. I will also
soon be adding a section about my personal thoughts about the Blackbird.
October 03, 2000
- Added a link to a somewhat more
reader-friendly version of the OXCART story. I found this today quite by accident.
Also added a cool new SR-71 photo at the top of the
page instead of the old one, and included some more detailed
information about the history of the Blackbird.
Two more things--I made the format a little more organized, with subsection headings, and
added a new link to a website called
Blackworld. It is an unofficial website for past and present U-2/SR-71
August 16, 2000
- Added a first-hand account of just what this marvelous bird was (is) capable of.
May 24, 2000
- Included some information in the first paragraph about how the SR-71's name came to be.
Back to Dan's Blackbird Page